DI-Wednesday: Staining a Concrete Floor


After the intense rock-spreading and fan-installing jaunt that was the holidays '09, I'm looking for our next project, preferably one that's relatively easy and quick, and with big impact (yeah, I know--do I want fairy-dust with that?). I think I've found it in the back porch. It's a slab of concrete that's seen better days--and since we've improved the area about a year ago by adding a great porch-covering, the porch floor is in sore need of attention--and it looks like staining is the way to go to get a more transparent/rustic look that's durable enough to survive the dog and his Scooby-do running-in-place antics.

I found a great instructional on Young House Love, with pictures! I think I'll be trying this soon--

0 comments:

Post a Comment

2009 August Vintage - Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress theme by Dirty Blue